The New Carlisle Library is going FINE FREE-
Starting February 15!
What does this mean?
- QUICK PICK COLLECTIONS- Quick Pick DVDs (2 day circulation with a GREEN spine sticker) and Quick Pick Adult Books (14 day circulation with a BLUE spine sticker) will still have overdue fees: $0.50 per day for movies and $0.10 per day for books. There will also continue to be a $0.50 fee for not returning the plastic sleeve for a DVD/Blu-Ray.
- TELESCOPES- The two circulating telescopes will still have overdue fines of $5.00 per day.
- All other items- DVDs, Blu-Rays, Books, Audiobooks, anything else with a barcode- will no longer have overdue fees.
- If your items do happen to go overdue (because life happens!), the library is mainly interested in the return of the materials. Depending on your notification status, you will be alerted that your items are overdue:
- If you elected to be notified by PHONE- You will receive a written notice in the mail when your items are 14 days overdue.
- If you elected to be notified by E-MAIL or TEXT- You will receive an e-mail or text when your items are 7 days overdue.
- If you want to confirm or change your notification status, just ask a library employee at the front desk.
- If the items are overdue for 30 days, they will convert to LOST status. That means the full cost of the item will be charged to your account. BUT!! As soon as the items are returned, that cost comes off and no additional fees will be charged.