Applying for a Library Card
- Complete application. Patrons are responsible for all items checked out on their card.
- Show Ohio photo ID, or out-of-state ID with proof of Ohio address
- Anyone under age 18 requesting a card must have a parent or guardian present to apply for a card. The parent or guardian is responsible for all items checked out on their child's card, and must decide if the child has permission to use the internet. The Library does not restrict access to materials based on age.
- Overdue notices are not sent to patrons. The patron is responsible for knowing due dates.
- Patrons with fines $2.50-$4.99 can check out 2 books only.
- Patrons with fines $5.00 or more may not check out any items.
- Once fines reach $25.00, the account is referred to a collection agency. A $10.00 fee is added.
- Teachers can obtain a Teacher card to check items out for their classroom for 2 months. These items may not be renewed. A teacher may have a second NCPL library card for personal use. Personal use items may NOT be checked out on a Teacher card.
- Beginning in February 2017, patrons must have their library card or a picture ID with them to borrow items.
|Item||Quantity allowed||Overdue fine per day||Lending period|
|Books||Unlimited||Adults $0.10 Childs $0.05||28 Days|
|Quick Pick Books||Unlimited||Adults $0.10 Childs $0.05||14 Days|
|Audio books||15 maximum||Adults $0.10 Childs $0.05||28 Days|
|Magazines||15 maximum||Adults $0.10 Childs $0.05||28 Days|
|Music and Software CD's||15 maximum||Adults $0.10 Childs $0.05||28 Days|
|DVDs||7 maximum||$0.50||7 Days|
|Quick Pick DVDs||2 maximum||$0.50||2 Days|
|Games||2 maximum||$0.50||7 Days|
|Black & white computer printouts||$0.10 per page|
|Color computer printouts||$0.50 per page|
|Local Fax||$1.00 first page $0.50 each additional page|
|Long Distance Fax||$2.00 first page $1.00 each additional page|
|Copies||$0.15 per page|