The Friends of the New Carlisle Public Library
The Friends' History
The Friends formed in 2000 to engage library patrons, the community, and organizations interested in books in programs and services that support the library and encourage literacy. In 2001, the group obtained incorporation from the State of Ohio and registered their 501(c)(3) status with the IRS as a non-profit organization. Throughout their history, the organization has provided support to the library.
June Fry, President of the Friends of New Carlisle Public Library said, "I've always loved books and being around the library." If you feel the same way, consider joining the Friends.
The Friends' Projects
The Friends provide funds to support numerous programs for library patrons of all ages. We raise money through membership dues, book bag sales, semi-annual book sales and donations.
Past projects include:
- Microfilmed copies of New Carlisle Sun
- Supported library expansion through building purchase
- Purchased library sign
- Purchased shed for donated books
- Purchased a bicycle rack
- Purchased computers and special bookcases
- Helped replace library carpet
- Paid for guest lecturers
- Purchased materials for Children's Library
- Donated to children's Summer Reading program
- Provided funds for Pet a Penguin Program